There is only a span of a few years (1948-51) when this picture of CTA trolley bus 146 could have been taken, heading south on Central Avenue at Irving Park Road. The CTA took over from CSL and CRT on October 1, 1947, and new emblems did not start appearing on vehicles until the following year. Then, in the early 1950s, CTA renumbered all their trolley buses by adding a “9” in front of existing numbers, to eliminate duplicate numbers with the rest of the bus fleet. The entrance to Portage Park is at right. While the bus is operating on Central Avenue, that was Route 85, and this bus is signed for Route 55A. That seems to have run on Elston Avenue a bit north of here as an extension of the Central route, starting at Lawrence Avenue (4800 N), and ending at Holbrook Street in Norwood Park. Trolleybus service on Route 55A ended on January 21, 1951, which also helps date the picture. Trolley buses continued to run on Central until 1970. This model T40 bus was built circa 1930-31 by American Car Company.