Chicago Aurora and Elgin car 418 is at the rear of a three-car train, heading east at Clinton Street on the Metropolitan “L” main line. The building to the right is now known as the Old Post Office. The middle car is formerly from the Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis that CA&E bought in the late 1930s. They tapered the ends to fir the tight clearances on the “L” and made them into control trailers. This “L” stop had a walkway leading into Union Station. It was torn down after the Garfield Park line was replaced by the new Congress expressway median line in 1958– but by that time, the CA&E had stopped running passenger service. this picture probably dates to between the mid-1940s and 1953, when the interurban cut back service to Forest Park.