CSL 5942, built by J. G. Brill in 1914, discharges a passenger near Grand and Harlem in the 1940s. The old Montclare Theatre, which opened in 1929 and closed for good in 1984. Hugh Hefner grew up in this neighborhood and saw many films there. The building was demolished in 1996. The building to the right of the streetcar has been a shoe repair shop for many years, replacing the liquor store shown here.